- AP with WE Teacher Summit. February 2020.
- Globe Certification. Air Temperature/Surface Temperature/Precipitation. Summer 2019.
- Sphero Hero. 2019 to present.
- Reviewer: Journal of Pre-College Engineering Education Research (J-PEER). 2018 to present.
- Reviewer: Advances in Engineering Education. 2018 to present.
- Making and Learning Institute at Marymount Webinar Coordinator. 2017 to present. YouTube | SoundCloud
- OESIS Network Leader, Fall 2017.
- Apple Teacher, 2017.
- Global Girls Inspiration Network facilitator: STEAM and Project-Based Learning. One Schoolhouse and National Coalition of Girls’ Schools, 2016.
- Apple Distinguished Educator. Class of 2013, Class of 2015.
- NSTA Committee on Professional Development. 2013 to 2015.
- NSELA Professional Development Committee. 2011 to 2014.
- Faculty Advisor, TERC Summer Course: Using GIS in the Classroom. Summer 2011.
- NSELA Webinar Coordinator. 2011 to 2012.
- NCGS/Harpeth Hall STEM Consortium Advisory Council Member. 2010 to present.
- NSTA Committee on High School Teaching. 2010 to 2013.
- NSTA The Science Teacher Advisory Board, Chair. 2009-2010.
- NSELA Treasurer. 2011 to 2012.
- NSELA Region B Director. 2008 to 2010.
- NAIS Aspiring Heads Fellowship. 2006 to 2007.
- NCGS Best Practices in STEM Project, Science Education Coordinator. 2006 to 2008.
- Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics Teachers’ Conference. 2002, 2006 to present.
- Apple Academy, Professional Development Program for Administrators. Summer 2011.
- American Meteorological Society Climate Studies Courses. Spring 2011.
- Online School for Girls Courses: Flipped Classroom, Blended Learning I and II. 2010 to 2011.
- Eyes in the Sky II: NASA/TERC Professional Development Program in Geospatial Information Systems. Summer 2010.
- NAIS Teacher of the Future Program. 2009 to 2010.
- Toyota International Teacher Program. Japan. Summer 2005.
- ASSET/NASA Workshop on Astrobiology. Summer 2004.
- Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory Plasma Camp. Summer 2003.
- NASA/NEWMAST, NASA Educational Workshops for Math, Science and Technology Teachers. Summer 1996.
- National Science Teachers Association
- International Society of Technology Education
- American Association of Physics Teachers
- National Science Education Leadership Association
- NSTA/Vernier Technology Award for Innovative Use of Data Collection Technology. 2009.
- AAAS/Subaru Essay Writing in Science Competition. 2007.
- AAAS/Subaru Lesson Plan Writing in Science Competition. 2006.
- NSTA/Ohaus Award for Innovations in Science Teaching. 1994.
- Manhattan College Award for Excellence in Science Teaching. 1992.